4.11.2012

Exile

                It has been a long time since I had written anything, long enough to doubt my ability to produce anything that makes any kind of sense, thus I decided to give it a hit, thanks to my friend Alina.

                My fellow Gazans have been celebrating too much recently, thus my imperfect mind can't understand the reasons. Reason is the only thing that should be relevant to sense, relevant to you dear reader, as reason is the man. what is man if he lacks reason, a machine programmed to perform specific tasks, nothing outside a pre-defined script -no independency. I think man without reason would fit Étienne de la Boétie's  Voluntary Servitude, for that this is no place for drama, reason prevails.


                Gazans felt relieved about the release of Hanaa Shalabi, and so did I, I was so excited that I raised to the occasion and thanked all the -physical and metaphysical- gods human has ever known. Zeus, Jehovah, Amun, Jupiter, etc , most notably I thanked Dramatically my dear Aphrodite. But the question ringing in my ears evolves about our understanding and definition of "freedom, and right" terms.

                While breaking into a house, beating the owners, and arrest their daughter, with no charges, no right to lawyer, it is also unlawful to arrest somebody without charges and then exile him/her for no reason, thus we know the reasons, Israel claims Shalabi would be allowed back to her home in 3 years, but  Déjà vu  anybody? remember the church of nativity in Bethlehem 2002, when IOF attacked the church and exiled whoever was inside, those guys were promised to be allowed to return back homes within 2 years from the incident.

                The reasons behind that exile policy is obvious, Israel is ethnic cleansing the West Bank, bombs, M16s, and exile. My Fellow Palestinians you need to mourn not to celebrate. the struggle for Hanaa Shalabi's freedom and that of the Church exiled guys hasn't started yet, it should start now, not only for Hanaa or the Church guys, but for our coming generations not to be murdered and not to be exiled.

No comments: